Potato & Jackfruit Stew
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots
- 1 can jackfruit
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 golden potatoes, cubed ( little over 2 cups)
- 1/8 cup red wine, optional
- Pinch of turmeric
- Sprinkle of red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 3 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Add oil to a pan. Add in the potatoes. Sauté for few minutes in medium-high heat to get a nice sear. Add the potatoes to the slow cooker.
Sauté the minced garlic for few seconds on medium heat. Add in onion, cook until translucent.
Add in pinch of turmeric, salt & red chili flakes. Mix everything & sauté onion until golden brown.
Sliced the carrots into round shaped pieces.
Add the sautéed onion mixture, carrots, to a slow cooker together with the jackfruit, tomatoes, red wine and all the spices.
Whisk in the flour with 1/2 cup of water. You can also use vegetable stock for more flavor.
Add flour mixture to the slow cooker with the rest of 3 cup of water or vegetable stock.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Garnish with roughly chopped parsley