Crumbled Soy Meat
- 2 cups of dehydrated soy meat
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon thick coconut milk
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Boil water, Add the dried soy meat to a bowl. Add the boiling water to cover the soy, cover and let all the soy pieces soak up the water for 5-10 minutes, and rehydrate.
- Add some ice to cool down or run through cold water.
- Now squeeze out as much water from the soy pieces.
- After this step, you should have about 3 cups of soy meat for this recipe.
- Add all the prepared soy into a food processor
- Blitz into small chucks.
- Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon oil to the pan on medium heat.
- Add in garlic and saute until golden
- Add in chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in all the spices. Cook for about a minute.
- Add 1 more teaspoon oil.
- Now add in the prepared soy meat.
- Mix and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, mix in water, and coconut milk.
- Note- If you are using fresh coconut milk, use the thickest part of the cream. Since it’s already liquid, you don’t need to add water. I used a can of coconut milk, so I added water to get a liquidy cream.
- Add the coconut mixture to the pan with soy.
- Add in the ketchup.
- Gently mix everything.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add in more paprika to get a dark red color
- Salt and pepper to taste